6. Fibria Celulose (FBR), a Brazil-based market pulp producer, is engaged in the production of bleached eucalyptus Kraft pulp at three pulp mills -- the Aracruz, Tres Lagoas, and Jacarei units. The company's forest base is diversified and comprises of a land area of almost 1.043 million hectares located across six Brazilian states.
Of the 14 analysts covering the stock, 50% recommend a buy, whereas 29% rate a hold. Analysts polled by Bloomberg expect the stock to gain an average 14% to $17.2 in the upcoming 12 months.
For first quarter of 2011, the company reported a 2% year-over-year increase in revenue to $0.96 billion, attributable to higher average pulp and paper prices. Net income for the quarter multiplied to $241 million from $5.6 million in the year-ago quarter. Net debt narrowed 27% year-over-year to $4,930 million. The company's first quarter results reflected a non-recurrent gain from the sale of assets.During the quarter, the company sold its stake in the assets of Consorcio Paulista de Papel e Celulose (Conpacel) and KSR to Suzano Papel e Celulose for $0.92 billion. The sale contributed towards the 140% increase in first-quarter net income. The company recently paid its obligatory dividends amounting to $75.5 million (16 cents per share) and $88.1 million (19 cents per share) for 2009 and 2010, respectively.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV