BALTIMORE ( Stockpickr) -- With most markets looking wishy-washy to start the week, it's time to take a technical look at what's going on with the biggest name stocks on Wall Street.
In case you're not familiar with technical analysis, technical charts are used every day by proprietary trading floors, the Street's biggest financial firms and individual investors to get an edge on the market. And according to some sources, skilled technical traders can bank gains as much as 90% of the time.
Every week, we take an in-depth look at large-cap stocks that are telling important technical stories. This week, the focus is on oil.
Related: Does Technical Trading Really Work?There's been plenty of attention on oil stocks in the last couple of months as inflation fears and tumult in the Middle East. First, as oil prices rallied hard in the month of April, investors were clamoring to get onboard with oil trades. Now, with crude prices down considerably this morning, investors are wondering if this industry has played out. We'll attempt to answer those questions today. Now, on to this week's stocks.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV