- Continued success for Hallmark Movie Channel. Hallmark Movie Channel passed a significant milestone in the first quarter, reaching over 40 million subscribers. According to Nielsen, since its launch in April 2010, Hallmark Movie Channel ranks number one at the end of the first quarter among all ad-supported cable networks in growth among women 25-54 delivery and household ratings during both Prime Time and Total Day.
- Development of Hallmark Channel Home programming block. Beginning in January, the company added Petkeeping with Marc Morrone and Martha Bakes to its lifestyle programming. These new additions combined with a strong holiday season helped to support an improvement in ratings for the first quarter as compared to a 9-week pre-holiday period according to Nielsen.
- Positive financial results. Both advertising revenues and subscriber license fees showed gains in the quarter, resulting in an 8% increase in total revenues as compared to the prior year period. Net income increased to $47.5 million or $0.13 per share for common shareholders, versus a loss of $2.3 million or ($0.02) per share in the first quarter of 2010.
Crown Media Holdings Announces Operating Results For First Quarter Of 2011
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.