Wal-Mart was ranked the largest company on the list in 2007 and 2008, but was bested by Exxon Mobil in 2009. Wal-Mart regained the top spot in 2010's list and has held onto it for another year.
The 2011 list, which ranks companies by their total revenue in 2010, was announced on Wednesday evening on ABC's "Nightline."The annual list, compiled by Fortune magazine, ranks the top 500 U.S. corporations by their gross revenue. Wal-Mart and CEO Michael Duke held onto the top spot, coming in with $421.85 billion in revenue. Exxon Mobil ranked second with total revenue coming in at $354.67 billion, followed by Chevron with $196.34 billion, ConocoPhillips with $184.97 billion. Fannie Mae came in fifth with $153.83 billion in revenue. -- Written by Theresa McCabe in Boston.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Theresa McCabe. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to @TheresaMcCabe. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV