Cross Country Healthcare, Inc. (Nasdaq: CCRN) today reported revenue of $122.0 million in the first quarter ended March 31, 2011, a 7% increase sequentially from the fourth quarter of 2010 and a 1% increase from revenue of $121.4 million a year ago. Net income in the first quarter of 2011 was $0.2 million, or $0.01 per diluted share, as compared to $1.1 million, or $0.04 per diluted share, in the same quarter of the prior year. Cash flow from operations for the first quarter of 2011 was $1.4 million.
“I am particularly encouraged by the continuing recovery in our nurse and allied staffing business in which segment revenue for the first quarter increased 13% sequentially from the fourth quarter and 3% year-over-year,” said Joseph A. Boshart, President and Chief Executive Officer of Cross Country Healthcare, Inc. “Revenue momentum is being driven by a combination of the phase-in of additional managed service provider (MSP) accounts, additional staffing required during hospital electronic medical record implementations, and an overall recovery in demand that is currently running three times the level of a year ago, as measured by the number of open orders from hospital customers. These factors have resulted in our travel nurse renewal rates rebounding to 2008 levels as our nurses now have a greater number of attractive assignments to choose from as they conclude a contract. During the remainder of 2011, I believe the supply of nurses will be the key constraint to achieving more rapid growth," he added.
“In addition to the continued momentum in our nurse and allied staffing business, we also expect strong sequential growth in our clinical trial services segment, which is staffing up two relatively large recent contract awards. Overall, in the second quarter we expect revenue in all four of our business segments to be up sequentially,” stated Mr. Boshart.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV