- GCI repurchased 620,520 shares of its Class A common stock in the first quarter of 2011 at an average price per share of $11.26. GCI is authorized to repurchase $123.5 million of its common equity depending on company performance, market conditions, and liquidity, and subject to board oversight. At the end of the first quarter of 2011 GCI had approximately 46.8 million shares outstanding.
- GCI is the second largest wireless provider in Alaska with 140,200 wireless subscribers at the end of the quarter, an increase of 1.1 percent over the end of the fourth quarter of 2010.
- Consumer revenues for the first quarter of 2011 totaled $88.4 million, an increase of 10.0 percent over the first quarter of 2010. Revenue increases were strong in the data and wireless product lines during the first quarter of 2011.
- Commercial revenues increased $4.1 million to $31.8 million as compared to $27.7 million in the first quarter of 2010 and decreased $1.4 million from $33.2 million in the fourth quarter of 2010. The increase in revenues for the year was primarily due to an increase in data service revenues, mostly from the oil sector. The decreases in sequential revenues were also related to oil sector data service revenues which were impacted by seasonality.
- GCI had 145,300 access lines at the end of the first quarter of 2011, representing an estimated 36 percent share of the total access line market in Alaska. Access lines increased by 500 lines over the fourth quarter of 2010.
- GCI's facilities-based access lines totaled 114,300, representing 78.7 percent of its total access lines at the end of the first quarter of 2011. Reported facilities based access lines increased 4,400 lines over the fourth quarter of 2010. The increase in lines is primarily due to the result of a review of the database and a reclassification of lines from the off-net to the on-net category.
- GCI had 118,000 consumer and commercial cable modem customers at the end of the first quarter of 2011, an increase of 1,600 over the 116,400 cable modem customers at the end of the fourth quarter 2010. Average monthly revenue per cable modem for the first quarter of 2011 was $52.21, an increase of 13.9 percent over the $45.85 figure posted for the prior year and a decrease of 2.4 percent from the $53.47 figure posted for the fourth quarter of 2010.
GCI Reports First Quarter 2011 Financial Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.