The company reported non-GAAP
The average estimate of analysts polled by Thomson Reuters was for a profit of 20 cents a share in the latest quarter on revenue of $448 million.
The stock was last quoted at $21.95, up 9.8%, on volume of 1.37 million, according to Nasdaq.com. Based on Wednesday's regular session close at $20, the shares were already up 50% in the past year, although the 52-week high of $29.12 dates back to mid-February."We benefited again this quarter from the strong mix of new products as the result of our collaborative innovation initiative evidenced by market share gains in our optical communications and test and measurement businesses," said Tom Waechter, the company's president and CEO, in a statement. Revenue for communications and commercial optical products jumped 9.6% on a sequential basis to $209.4 million in the latest quarter, offsetting a sequential decline of 18.2% in communications test and measurement revenue to $189.2 million in the three-month period. JDS, which is based in Milpitas, Calif., also gave an outlook for the current quarter, forecasting non-GAAP revenue ranging from $455 million to $475 million for its fiscal fourth quarter ending on July 2. That projection reflects a fair amount of potential downside to the current average analysts' view calls for revenue of $469.8 million.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV