APR Energy LLC, a leading provider of major turnkey temporary power generation services, today announced that it has been awarded a contract by APIX S.A., a local policy advisory organization, and SENELEC, the National Society of Electricity in Senegal, to provide additional power solutions to two sites southeast of Dakar, Senegal. The contract calls for an initial supply of 50 MW increasing to 150 MW over time.
The power supply was requested by the Government of Senegal as part of an emergency plan for additional energy supplies. In a recent message to the nation, President Abdoulaye Wade of Senegal spoke about these new power facilities saying that they are part of the larger plan for the “improvement in electricity supply in (the) country.”
Under the terms of the contract, APR Energy will be responsible for the installation, operation and ongoing maintenance of these sites.
"We are thrilled to have been chosen to provide APIX S.A. and SENELEC with a reliable and secure supply of electricity to address Senegal’s current power needs,” said John Campion, APR Energy’s Founder and CEO. “APR has provided a number of temporary power solutions across Africa, and we look forward to building upon our momentum and developing new partnerships within the region.”About APR Energy APR Energy specializes in the sale of reliable and efficient electricity through the rapid deployment of Customized Turnkey Power Solutions. APR’s power generation solutions coupled with comprehensive operation and maintenance services and flexible commercial terms have established APR as a leader in the power industry. In addition to its business of providing these world- class power solutions, APR Energy also implements philanthropic projects at each plant location through its Community Development Program, which aims to build and maintain close relationships with its neighbors through projects and donations in health and education.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV