10 Big Stars of Musical Product Placement
Today, selling out is a bit more seamless. Product placement, a mainstay of movies and TV shows, has wedged itself into the lyrics of popular songs.
In many cases, brand-name dropping is an artistic choice. Janis Joplin's pleas for a Mercedes Benz, Paul Simon's memories of Kodachrome and any number of cars mentioned by the Beach Boys, for instance.
Increasingly, companies are trying to pay performers for shout-outs. It is also no mystery that some singers and rappers do it willingly, fishing perhaps for an endorsement deal.Sometimes it is far more innocent: the need to complete a rhyme or use a familiar point of reference. The following are 10 brands, and performers, who have benefited from corporate shout-outs:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV