National Research Corporation Announces First Quarter 2011 Results
National Research Corporation (NASDAQ:NRCI) today announced results for the first quarter 2011.
- Quarterly revenue up 14% to $19.8 million
- Quarterly net income up 10% to $3.5 million
- Quarterly diluted earnings per share of $0.51, up 9%
- Total Contract Value reaches $76.6 million, up 24%
Commenting on the first quarter results, Michael D. Hays, president and chief executive officer of National Research Corporation, said, “Against a strong comparable quarter in 2010, our first quarter of 2011 was very rewarding and set a number of records. We continue to achieve large increases in new sales as a result of the compelling value proposition of our subscription-based offerings, supported by investments made to expand our sales force. Our sales growth is also attributed to the Company’s unique position with a clear differentiated portfolio that directly meets the industry need, driven by healthcare reform, for cross-continuum expertise.
Revenue for the quarter ended March 31, 2011, was $19.8 million, compared to $17.4 million for the same quarter in 2010. Net income for the quarter ended March 31, 2011, was $3.5 million, or $.52 per basic and $.51 per diluted share, compared to $3.1 million for the first quarter 2010, or $0.47 per basic and diluted share.
In closing, Patrick E. Beans, chief financial officer of National Research Corporation, said, “As evidenced by our sales traction, subscription-based offerings are finding great market acceptance, even though such contracts often push revenue to outlying periods.”A listen-only simulcast of National Research Corporation’s 2011 first quarter conference call will be available online at www.earnings.com on May 4, 2011, beginning at 11:00 a.m. Eastern time. The online replay will follow approximately one hour later and continue for 30 days. National Research Corporation, headquartered in Lincoln, Nebraska, is a leading provider of performance measurement, improvement services, and governance education to the healthcare industry in the United States and Canada.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV