(Green Mountain earnings report updated with details of improved profit guidance and secondary offering.)
WATERBURY, Vt. ( TheStreet) -- Green Mountain Coffee Roasters (GMCR) shares surged Wednesday after the company raised its full-year outlook and beats quarterly profit expectations.
After the closing bell Tuesday Green Mountain said growing margins, despite soaring coffee bean costs, led it to raise its outlook.
The leader in the single-serve coffee market through the success of its Keurig brewing system, earned $65.4 million, or 48 cents per share on an adjusted basis, in its fiscal second quarter, up nearly 300% from a year-earlier profit of $24.1 million, or 17 cents per share. Revenue more than doubled to $647.7 million. Analysts had called for Green Mountain to earn 38 cents a share on revenue of $629.4 million. The stock surged 18.6% to close at $75.98 Wednesday afternoon. Green Mountain now expects to earn between $1.43 and $1.50 per share this fiscal year, higher than analysts' call for $1.23 per share and above the company's prior guidance for a profit of $1.19 to $1.29 per share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV