Minera Florida produced a total of 27,635 GEO in the current quarter compared with 20,630 GEO in the first quarter of 2010. The 34% quarter-over-quarter increase was mainly the result of higher volume of ore mined and ore processed and more effectively mining in narrower veins; production at Minera Florida for the first quarter of 2010 was interrupted as a result of the earthquake in Chile. Cash costs for the first quarter were $476 per GEO compared with $363 per GEO in the same quarter in 2010 due primarily to the appreciation of the Chilean Peso and mining inflation.
Gold grade for the quarter averaged 3.78 g/t which is lower than the 4.38 g/t for the first quarter of 2010. The lower gold grade was part of the mine plan for production from veins with better gold grade such as Tribuna and Victoria, which is expected to commence shortly.
Production at Minera Florida for 2011 is expected to be in line with guidance.
The Company's expansion project at Minera Florida, which involves the processing of historic tailings, has advanced ahead of schedule. Completion is now planned for late 2011. Tailings re-processing is expected to contribute an additional 40,000 GEO per year for five years to current production at Minera Florida.
Gualcamayo produced 37,597 ounces of gold in the first quarter compared with 29,462 ounces produced in the first quarter of 2010, representing a 28% quarter-over-quarter improvement.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV