3. Halliburton (HAL) provides services related to exploration and production of oil and natural gas.
Net income for the first quarter of 2011 more than doubled to $511 million, compared to $206 million in the corresponding quarter of the prior year. Strong North American performance churned robust top-line growth during 1Q11. Consolidated revenue increased to $5.3 billion from $3.8 billion in the year-ago quarter.
Delineating the future strategies, Dave Lesar, chairman, president and CEO of Halliburton, said in a press statement, "We continue to commercialize core technologies, win key contracts, and make the necessary investments to ensure that we gain momentum as the industry enters the projected up cycle. We remain focused on global growth markets including deepwater, unconventional resources, and mature fields. We have made progress on this strategy, as evidenced by a number of recent contract awards."Of the 37 analysts covering the stock, 33 recommend a buy. Analysts are positive on the stock and expect it to deliver 27% in the next one year. The stock is trading at 15.8 times its estimated 2011 earnings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV