4. National Oilwell Varco (NOV) supplies equipment and components used in oil and gas drilling and production operations. The company derives nearly 50% of its revenue from its rig technology segment.
The company reported 2011 first quarter revenue at $3.15 billion, up 4% from the same quarter last year. Net income increased 12% to $440 million from $394 million during the same quarter last year. Gross profit margin stood at 31.6%, rising marginally from 31.5% in 2010 fourth quarter.
Reviewing the business performance, Pete Miller, chairman, president and CEO of National Oilwell Varco, said, "Our Company got off to a good start in the first quarter of 2011. Our Petroleum Services & Supplies segment performed exceptionally well, and helped offset expected lower revenues from new rig projects. The high levels of oilfield activity are spurring demand for all our products and services, serving to reload our backlog of Rig Technology capital equipment, and enabling our Distribution Services team to put up very solid revenues and margins once again."The stock is expected to deliver 26% over the next one year and has analysts' buy ratings of 88%. The stock is trading at 19 times its estimated 2011 earnings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV