4. National Oilwell Varco (NOV) supplies equipment and components used in oil and gas drilling and production operations. The company derives nearly 50% of its revenue from its rig technology segment.
The company reported 2011 first quarter revenue at $3.15 billion, up 4% from the same quarter last year. Net income increased 12% to $440 million from $394 million during the same quarter last year. Gross profit margin stood at 31.6%, rising marginally from 31.5% in 2010 fourth quarter.
Reviewing the business performance, Pete Miller, chairman, president and CEO of National Oilwell Varco, said, "Our Company got off to a good start in the first quarter of 2011. Our Petroleum Services & Supplies segment performed exceptionally well, and helped offset expected lower revenues from new rig projects. The high levels of oilfield activity are spurring demand for all our products and services, serving to reload our backlog of Rig Technology capital equipment, and enabling our Distribution Services team to put up very solid revenues and margins once again."The stock is expected to deliver 26% over the next one year and has analysts' buy ratings of 88%. The stock is trading at 19 times its estimated 2011 earnings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV