8. Canadian Natural Resources (CNQ) is an independent oil and gas exploration and development company with operations in North America, largely in Western Canada.
During 2010, the company's crude oil and natural gas production was 425,000 barrels per day, increasing 20% from 2009. Higher crude oil prices, increased production volumes from the company's thermal and Horizon Oil Sands operations boosted 2010 revenue growth.
Net earnings for 2010 increased to $1.7 billion from $1.6 billion in 2009. Cash flow from operations was $6.3 billion, rising 4% from 2009, backed by higher crude oil volumes. International operations in the North Sea and Offshore West Africa improved the company's free cash flows, with operational cash flows at $960 million as against a capital expenditure of $395 million.Of the 22 analysts covering the stock, 18 recommend a buy. Analysts are positive on the stock and expect it to deliver 23% over the next one year. The stock is trading at 16.8 times its estimated 2011 earnings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV