NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Schlumberger (SLB), TransAtlantic Petroleum (TAT), Apache Corporation (APA), El Paso Pipeline Partners (EPB), Energy XXI (Bermuda) (EXXI), Halliburton (HAL), National Oilwell Varco (NOV), ReneSola (SOL), Canadian Natural Resources (CNQ) and GT Solar International (SOLR) are energy stocks with analysts' buy ratings of up to 92%. These stocks have the potential to deliver 10% to 62% gains, based on analysts' consensus estimates of 12-month price targets.
Crude oil prices took a breather at the start of the week, after news broke out that a U.S. operation killed Osama Bin Laden in Pakistan. Weak manufacturing numbers from the U.S. and a stronger dollar weighed on crude oil prices. At the start of the week, crude notched up around 24% from the beginning of the year, fueled by the unrest in the Middle East and North Africa.
We have identified 10 energy stocks with analysts' top buy ratings and the potential to deliver attractive returns over the next one year. The following 10 stocks returned an average 40% in the last one year on superior fundamentals. Analysts' consensus estimate shows 10%-62% upside potential for these stocks over the next one year.
Further, British Petroleum (BP), STR Holdings (STRI), Petroleo Brasileiro (PBR), JA Solar Holdings (JASO), LDK Solar (LDK) and YPF (YPF) could deliver healthy upsides according to analysts; however, we did not include them in our discussion as they have lower buy ratings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV