The First Bancshares, Inc. (NASDAQ:FBMS), holding company for The First, A National Banking Association, ( www.thefirstbank.com) today reported earnings for the quarter ended March 31, 2011. The First Bancshares, Inc. also announced a quarterly dividend of $0.0375 per common share. The record date will be May 12, 2011 with a payable date of May 26, 2011.
Net income available to common shareholders for the three months ended March 31, 2011 amounted to $415,000, or $.14 per diluted share, compared to $460,000 or $.15 per diluted share for the same quarter in 2010, a decrease of $45,000 or 9.8%.
M. Ray “Hoppy” Cole, President & Chief Executive Officer, commented, “Our first quarter results show continued improvement in profitability and growth. Total assets, total loans and total deposits increased and our net interest margin improved during the first three months of 2011. Our Company’s earnings also improved after adjusting for the one-time expenses incurred during the quarter. We are pleased with the Company’s progress and remain committed to our strategy of safe, sound, profitable growth.”
The following are key highlights for the three months ended March 31, 2011:
- Total assets increased $38.2 million or 7.6%
- Loans, net of unearned interest increased $4.2 million or 1.3%
- Deposits increased $38.2 million or 9.6%
- Completed construction of 9,000 square foot branch facility in Gulfport, MS
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV