Corinthian, which operates Everest Colleges, also offered a mixed current-quarter forecast, saying it expects to earn between 11 cents and 13 cents per share, on revenue between $423 million and $433 million. Analysts were looking for a profit of 11 cents per share on revenue of $450 million.
Shares of Corinthian fell 3.2% to $4.30 in the first minutes of trading Tuesday morning.
Last year Corinthian discontinued enrolling ability-to-benefit (ATB) students, pressuring total student enrollment numbers in recent quarters. ATB students refer to those applicants who do not already possess a high school diploma. Corinthian stopped admitting those applicants in Sept., 2010, as it worked to improve its cohort default rates. Corinthian said Tuesday it will "begin enrolling ATB students again in the near future." New student enrollment plummeted 21.5% last quarter, while total enrollment was down by 8.9%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV