Energy management systems are fast becoming a popular energy efficiency measure among multi-family owners and managers.
An energy management system may cost between $15,000 and $25,000 for a building up to 75 units but, through Con Edison’s Multi-Family Energy Efficiency Program, customers can save between $6,000 and $20,000.
“Energy management systems are an effective way to retrofit an existing building to be energy efficient,” said David Hepinstall, executive director of the Association for Energy Affordability (AEA), the organization that implements the Multi-Family Energy Efficiency Program on behalf of Con Edison. “These systems allow multi-family owners and managers to control a building’s temperature, reduce energy costs, analyze building performance and determine where to make other energy efficiency investments.”
In addition to the installation of energy management systems and other heating controls, incentives are available for the following energy efficiency improvements in common areas:
- Heating system upgrades to high efficiency equipment
- Roof and heating pipe insulation
- Upgrades to high efficiency fluorescent lighting and light-emitting diode (LED) exit signs
- Installation of occupancy sensors
- Premium efficiency motors for pumps and fans
- Upgrades to high efficiency central air conditioning
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV