NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Ebix (EBIX), Nanometrics (NANO), Synaptics (SYNA) and RF Micro Devices (RFMD) are a few technology companies generating significant free cash flow (operating cash flow deducting capital expenditure) along with an attractive free cash flow yield (free cash flow divided by enterprise value).
Various quantitative valuation metrics such as the price-to-earnings ratio, price-to-book ratio and EV/EBITDA are used to estimate the worth of a company. However, apart from estimated earnings and stock price, the company's cash generation ability is of interest to a stockholder.
Operating cash flow also indicates the operational efficiency of a company and updates its net cash inflow/outflow at the end of a period. Positive free cash flow signals excess money generation in the company in order to reinvest in the business. The company may also deploy this excess cash flow as dividend.
Finally, free cash flow yield offers investors a better measure of a company's fundamental performance than the widely used P/E ratio. We have identified 10 stocks based on their attractive free cash flow yields and the financial performance of the company pertaining to the latest reported period. The stocks also have potential upsides according to analysts' 12-month price target.These 10 stocks are stacked in terms of free cash flow yield, from lowest to highest.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV