NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- On Tuesday, Apple (AAPL) announced its next-generation iMac, which starts at $1,199. The company says the iMac is up to 70% faster than its predecessor and will include Thunderbolt technology, quad-core processors and a FaceTime camera.
Shares of Apple rose 0.2% in pre-market trading Tuesday.
Sony (SNE) shares dropped 0.9% to $28.54 in pre-market trading Tuesday after the company reported another hacking incident, this time related to its Sony Online Entertainment network. A hacker may have gained access to personal information for 24.6 million users, including their names, birth dates and addresses.
Last month, Sony shut down its PlayStation Network after hackers stole personal information and potentially credit card numbers from 77 million accounts on the service.AT&T (T) is launching a Groupon clone next month, a spokesperson for the carrier told Bloomberg News. The site, which will first be rolled out in Los Angeles, Atlanta and Dallas, will give users who register a $10 credit. Shares of AT&T fell 0.1% in pre-market trading Tuesday. Research In Motion (RIM) is updating its BlackBerry Bold smartphone to include both a touchscreen and a keyboard, company executives announced Monday at its annual user conference, BlackBerry World. The company also added video chat software to its PlayBook tablet device. RIM shares dropped 1.3% in pre-market trading Tuesday to $47.50. Microblogging service Twitter is buying Twitter-related start-up TweetDeck for as much as $50 million, according to TechCrunch. TweetDeck had previously been in acquisition talks with UberTwitter. --Written by Olivia Oran in New York. Readers Also Like: >> 20 New Android Apps for 2011 >> Take Two Intrigues With 'L.A. Noire'
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV