Viasystems Group, Inc. (NASDAQ:VIAS), a leading provider of complex multi-layer printed circuit boards and electro-mechanical solutions, today announced earnings for the first quarter ended March 31, 2011.
- Net sales were $238.7 million in the quarter, a year-over-year organic increase of 4.4% and a sequential decline of 2.1%.
- Operating income in the quarter was $11.2 million or 4.7% of net sales.
- Adjusted EBITDA was $29.3 million or 12.2% of net sales, compared with $26.7 million or 14.3% of net sales in the quarter ended March 31, 2010.
- GAAP earnings per basic and diluted share were $0.17 for the quarter ended March 31, 2011, on approximately 20 million average shares outstanding.
- Adjusted EPS were $0.07 for the quarter, excluding certain non-cash and/or special income and expense items. On a comparable basis, Adjusted EPS for the quarter ended March 31, 2010, were $0.15.
“Our first-quarter results reflect, as we expected, a challenging cost environment and some short-term production constraints,” commented David M. Sindelar, Chief Executive Officer. “We continue to experience solid growth in our automotive and industrial & instrumentation end markets, while the telecommunications customer programs we serve continued the decline we began to see during the second half of 2010. In addition, inflationary pressures on materials costs and costs of Chinese labor continued to challenge our gross margin as a percentage of net sales.”
“Orders booked in each of our end markets during our first quarter of 2011 exceeded net sales, in part because of our temporary capacity limitations,” Mr. Sindelar said. “During the second quarter, we expect to benefit from a return to normal production capacity in all of our factories, and our goal is to make progress in reducing our backlog. Late in the second quarter, we also expect to initiate production on some of our new capacity additions.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV