About Radio One, Inc.
Radio One, Inc. ( http://www.radio-one.com/) is a diversified media company that primarily targets African-American and urban consumers. The Company is one of the nation's largest radio broadcasting companies, currently owning 53 broadcast stations located in 16 urban markets in the United States. As a part of its core broadcasting business, Radio One operates syndicated programming including the Russ Parr Morning Show ( http://www.therussparrmorningshow.com/) the Yolanda Adams Morning Show ( www.syndication1.com/yolanda.htm), the Rickey Smiley Morning Show ( www.syndication1.com/rickey.htm), CoCo Brother Live ( www.syndication1.com/coco.htm), CoCo Brother's "Spirit" ( www.syndication1.com/coco.htm) program, Bishop T.D. Jakes' "Empowering Moments" ( www.syndication1.com/td.htm), the Reverend Al Sharpton Show ( www.syndication1.com/al.htm), and the Warren Ballentine Show ( www.syndication1.com/warren.htm). The Company also owns a controlling interest in Reach Media, Inc. ( http://www.blackamericaweb.com/), owner of the Tom Joyner Morning Show and other businesses associated with Tom Joyner. Beyond its core radio broadcasting business, Radio One owns Interactive One ( http://www.interactiveone.com/), an online platform serving the African-American community through social content, news, information, and entertainment, which operates a number of branded sites, including NewsOne, TheUrbanDaily, HelloBeautiful, Community Connect Inc. an online social networking company, which operates a number of branded sites, including BlackPlanet, MiGente, and AsianAvenue, and an interest in TV One, LLC ( http://www.tvoneonline.com/), a cable/satellite network programming primarily to African-Americans
(1) "Adjusted EBITDA" consists of net loss plus (1) depreciation, amortization, income taxes, interest expense, noncontrolling interest in income of subsidiaries, impairment of long-lived assets, stock-based compensation, loss on retirement of debt, less (2) interest income, other income, equity in income of affiliated company and income from discontinued operations, net of tax. Net income before interest income, interest expense, income taxes, depreciation and amortization is commonly referred to in our business as "EBITDA." Adjusted EBITDA and EBITDA are not measures of financial performance under generally accepted accounting principles. We believe Adjusted EBITDA is often a useful measure of a company's operating performance and is a significant basis used by our management to measure the operating performance of our business because Adjusted EBITDA excludes charges for depreciation, amortization and interest expense that have resulted from our acquisitions and debt financing, our taxes, impairment charges, as well as our equity in income of our affiliated company, loss on retirements of debt, and any discontinued operations. Accordingly, we believe that Adjusted EBITDA provides useful information about the operating performance of our business, apart from the expenses associated with our fixed assets and long-lived intangible assets, capital structure or the results of our affiliated company. Adjusted EBITDA is frequently used as one of the bases for comparing businesses in our industry, although our measure of Adjusted EBITDA may not be comparable to similarly titled measures of other companies. Adjusted EBITDA and EBITDA do not purport to represent operating income or cash flow from operating activities, as those terms are defined under generally accepted accounting principles, and should not be considered as alternatives to those measurements as an indicator of our performance.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV