New Study Reveals That The American Family Has Gone To The Dogs
Americans across the country report that their family trees have sprouted tails! A recent survey commissioned by Milo’s Kitchen ™ Brand home-style dog treats, reveals that a whopping 81 percent of Americans consider their dogs to be equal members of the family, while 77 percent own up to talking about their pups as if they are a human family member. Dogs have become such an important part of the family that a majority (54 percent) of Americans consider themselves to be “pet parents” instead of “pet owners.” More than half said this shift happened the moment their pooch joined the family.
The Milo’s Kitchen ™ Pet Parent Survey, conducted by Kelton Research, shows that pets have become such an important part of the family that 58 percent of American dog owners are comfortable calling themselves nicknames such as “Mommy” and “Daddy” when referencing their dogs and 35 percent even refer to their dog as “son” or “daughter.” In fact, so many pet owners are switching to “parents” that 10 percent have celebrated Mother’s Day and Father’s Day with their dog, and two out of three pet parents surveyed admitted they use two, if not more, nicknames for their pups, like they would for their own children.
“Dogs are integral members of the family unit, and we want to shed light on this subtle, but important change from ‘owner’ to ‘parent.’ This survey showcases how pet parents today really treat their dogs like their own children,” said Rob Leibowitz, Del Monte Foods Senior Vice President, Pet Products. “For this reason, we created Milo’s Kitchen Brand home-style dog treats because we believe that as important and integral family members they deserve treats made with the same quality and care of our own food. The survey results reinforce our idea that pet parents want to provide their dogs with the same experiences as other family members.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV