NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Emerging-market indices eroded a significant portion of their value at the end of the past week, primarily due to a drop in commodity prices and growing speculations of interest rate increases by central banks. China's Shanghai Composite Index, eroded 3.3%, followed by India's Nifty and Brazil's Bovespa, declining 2.4% and 1.4%, respectively. On the flip side, the Dow Jones and S&P 500 closed 2.4% and 2.% higher as the Federal Reserve left rates unchanged to stimulate growth.
China: Winners and Losers
Ku6 Media (KUTV) was the top gainer last week, jumping 39.6% after shareholders of Pipi.cn, a leading P2P Internet video platform in China agreed to sell all its shares to Ku6 in exchange of 2,212,114,257 Ku6 ordinary shares. Following the list was, Feihe International (ADY) which escalated 19.2%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV