MIAMI BEACH, Fla., May 2, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Today Divine Skin Inc. (OTC Bulletin Board: DSKX) announced an explosion in salon distribution of its DS Laboratories line for hair and skin. The company signed agreements with four major distributors serving 26,000 salons across the United States. It estimates an average of $300 per month for each salon that sells the line.
With well-developed online, luxury, pharmaceutical, and specialty channels, Divine Skin's distribution has always been broad-based. Since turning up the huge Fantastic Sam's chain last year, salon distribution has snowballed. With the four new deals announced today, the company expects to saturate the salon world.
"No matter where consumers shop for hair-growth shampoos, conditioners, and other personal care products, they will encounter DS laboratories," said CEO Daniel Khesin. The new distributors are:
- Salon Services & Supplies, based near Seattle, sells Dermalogica, OPI, GiGi, and other prestigious brands to 10,000 salons in Oregon, Idaho, Washington, and Utah. Owner George Learned issued a glowing endorsement of Divine Skin, writing, "Since our first conversation ... I knew I was dealing with a company that is ethical, with an understanding of what it takes to bring product to market." He continued, "I have to say that when DS Labs promises something, they really deliver. No other company even compares to the advanced technology."
- Sweis, based in Torrance, Calif., works with 7,000 salons and licensed professionals around Southern California and Las Vegas. It represents more than 30 lines for hair, nails, and skin, and it specializes in deep inventory and quick shipping.
- The Salon Center, based in Birmingham, Ala., calls on 7,000 salons in Florida, Alabama, Louisiana, Mississippi and Georgia.
- Salon Only Sales, based in River Falls, Wis., serves 3,000 salons in Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Iowa.
In January, industry veteran Robin Powell joined Divine Skin as head of global business development. Powell's record of successful ventures includes the development of Sebastian, later sold to P&G, and the growth of TIGI, later sold to Unilever."Divine Skin is enjoying enormous growth by leveraging Robin's resources and relationships," said Khesin. "We are becoming more efficient every day due to his experience."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV