MIAMI BEACH, Fla., May 2, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Today Divine Skin Inc. (OTC Bulletin Board: DSKX) announced an explosion in salon distribution of its DS Laboratories line for hair and skin. The company signed agreements with four major distributors serving 26,000 salons across the United States. It estimates an average of $300 per month for each salon that sells the line.
With well-developed online, luxury, pharmaceutical, and specialty channels, Divine Skin's distribution has always been broad-based. Since turning up the huge Fantastic Sam's chain last year, salon distribution has snowballed. With the four new deals announced today, the company expects to saturate the salon world.
"No matter where consumers shop for hair-growth shampoos, conditioners, and other personal care products, they will encounter DS laboratories," said CEO Daniel Khesin. The new distributors are:
- Salon Services & Supplies, based near Seattle, sells Dermalogica, OPI, GiGi, and other prestigious brands to 10,000 salons in Oregon, Idaho, Washington, and Utah. Owner George Learned issued a glowing endorsement of Divine Skin, writing, "Since our first conversation ... I knew I was dealing with a company that is ethical, with an understanding of what it takes to bring product to market." He continued, "I have to say that when DS Labs promises something, they really deliver. No other company even compares to the advanced technology."
- Sweis, based in Torrance, Calif., works with 7,000 salons and licensed professionals around Southern California and Las Vegas. It represents more than 30 lines for hair, nails, and skin, and it specializes in deep inventory and quick shipping.
- The Salon Center, based in Birmingham, Ala., calls on 7,000 salons in Florida, Alabama, Louisiana, Mississippi and Georgia.
- Salon Only Sales, based in River Falls, Wis., serves 3,000 salons in Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Iowa.
In January, industry veteran Robin Powell joined Divine Skin as head of global business development. Powell's record of successful ventures includes the development of Sebastian, later sold to P&G, and the growth of TIGI, later sold to Unilever."Divine Skin is enjoying enormous growth by leveraging Robin's resources and relationships," said Khesin. "We are becoming more efficient every day due to his experience."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV