Updated with information on Biomimetic Therapeutics.
BOSTON, Mass. (TheStreet) -- A calendar of important, potentially stock-moving biotech events for May:
Dendreon (DNDN) first-quarter earnings.
Vertex Pharmaceuticals (VRTX) first-quarter earnings.
Mannkind (MNKD) presents at the Deutsche Bank healthcare investor conference.
Alimera Sciences (ALIM) presents new Iluvien diabetic macular degeneration data at Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology (ARVO) annual meeting. May 4:
Mannkind meets with FDA regarding Afrezza. May 7:
Estimated FDA approval decision date for Merck's (MRK) hepatitis C drug boceprevir. May 7-10:
Digestive Disease Week research meeting, including data presentation from NPS Pharmaceuticals (NPSP) and Ironwood Pharmaceuticals (IRWD). May 9:
Avanir Pharmaceuticals (AVNR) first-quarter earnings.
Mannkind first-quarter earnings. May 12:
FDA advisory panel convenes to review Biomimetic Therapeutics' (BMTI) Augment Bone Graft.
Lexicon Pharmaceuticals (LXRX) analyst/investor meeting. May 18:
American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) releases research abstracts for its annual meeting in June. May 19:
FDA convenes advisory panel to review cardiovascular safety of Abbott Labs' (ABT) lipid-lowering drug Trilipix. May 23:
FDA approval decision date for Vertex's hepatitis C drug telaprevir.
FDA approval decision date for Johnson & Johnson's (JNJ) HIV drug rilpivirine. May 25-28:
European League Against Rheumatism (EULAR) annual meeting. May 26:
Johnson & Johnson analyst/investors meeting.
Xoma (XOMA) shareholder meeting. May 30:
FDA approval decision date for Optimer Pharmaceuticals' (OPTR) antibiotic fidaxomicin. --Written by Adam Feuerstein in Boston.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Adam Feuerstein. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/adamfeuerstein. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV