Industrial Services of America, Inc. (NASDAQ: IDSA), a company that buys, processes and markets ferrous and non-ferrous metals and other recyclable commodities for domestic users and export markets, and offers programs and equipment to help businesses manage wastes, today reported financial results for the first quarter ending March 31, 2011.
For the three months ending March 31, 2011:
- Total revenue was $106.2 million in the first quarter of 2011, compared with $74.2 million in the first quarter of 2010.
- Net income was $2,166,782 (basic and diluted earnings of $0.31 per share) in the first quarter of 2011, compared with $1,763,264 (basic and diluted earnings of $0.27 per share) in the first quarter of 2010. Basic and diluted weighted average shares outstanding were 6,885,170 and 6,928,448 respectively in the first quarter of 2011 and were 6,449,522 and 6,487,650 respectively (split-adjusted) for basic and diluted shares in the first quarter of 2010.
- Earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization (EBITDA) for the first quarter of 2011 was $5,229,971 compared with EBITDA of $4,132,001 for the first quarter of 2010. (See attached reconciliation.)
Key Highlights for the First Quarter Ending March 31, 2011
- Revenue up 43% year-over-year
- Net Income up 23% year-over-year
- Diluted EPS up 15% year-over-year, despite a 7% increase in diluted shares outstanding
- EBITDA up 27% year-over-year
Chairman of the Board Harry Kletter commented, “ISA had another record quarter, with revenue up 43% over last year’s first quarter. Even though some of this increase was from higher commodity prices, our unit volume was up 37% over the first quarter of 2010. Our earnings also posted strong growth, increasing 23% over the first quarter of 2010. These results are particularly impressive when you consider that they surpass the record results we posted in the first quarter of last year.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV