SANTA CLARA, Calif., May 2, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- NextOp Software, Inc. today announced that NVIDIA (NASDAQ: NVDA) has signed a multi-license agreement to expand its usage of NextOp's BugScope assertion synthesis product.
NVIDIA supports assertions across its simulation, formal, and emulation verification environments as part of an assertion-based verification methodology. NVIDIA uses NextOp's BugScope assertion synthesis after significant changes in either the RTL design or its test suite. BugScope automatically generates assertion and coverage properties in standard assertion language formats. The assertions can detect potential RTL problems and localize the problems for quick debugging, and the functional coverage properties drive further test development.
BugScope provides a world-class platform across simulation, formal and emulation flows to:
- Reduce the engineering time and effort needed to create high quality coverage points and assertions.
- Uncover corner case bugs
- Identify functional coverage holes.
NextOp's results for NVIDIA:
- For a production design block with over 100K lines of RTL code, BugScope generated over 2000 high quality properties, including over 1200 useful assertions and over 800 useful functional coverage properties.
- Met target quality and performance specifications. BugScope generated properties have been checked in as a part of NVIDIA's test environment.
- BugScope assertions and functional coverage properties incurred minimal (< 2%) overhead to simulation regression.
- BugScope testpoints helped uncover RTL bugs during the process of reviewing the test points and from tests developed to target the test points.
- BugScope assertion and coverage properties were found to be complementary to NVIDIA's simulation, formal and emulation flows.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV