SANTA CLARA, Calif., May 2, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- NextOp Software, Inc. today announced that NVIDIA (NASDAQ: NVDA) has signed a multi-license agreement to expand its usage of NextOp's BugScope assertion synthesis product.
NVIDIA supports assertions across its simulation, formal, and emulation verification environments as part of an assertion-based verification methodology. NVIDIA uses NextOp's BugScope assertion synthesis after significant changes in either the RTL design or its test suite. BugScope automatically generates assertion and coverage properties in standard assertion language formats. The assertions can detect potential RTL problems and localize the problems for quick debugging, and the functional coverage properties drive further test development.
BugScope provides a world-class platform across simulation, formal and emulation flows to:
- Reduce the engineering time and effort needed to create high quality coverage points and assertions.
- Uncover corner case bugs
- Identify functional coverage holes.
NextOp's results for NVIDIA:
- For a production design block with over 100K lines of RTL code, BugScope generated over 2000 high quality properties, including over 1200 useful assertions and over 800 useful functional coverage properties.
- Met target quality and performance specifications. BugScope generated properties have been checked in as a part of NVIDIA's test environment.
- BugScope assertions and functional coverage properties incurred minimal (< 2%) overhead to simulation regression.
- BugScope testpoints helped uncover RTL bugs during the process of reviewing the test points and from tests developed to target the test points.
- BugScope assertion and coverage properties were found to be complementary to NVIDIA's simulation, formal and emulation flows.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV