MoneyGram International Inc. Stock Upgraded (MGI)
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 8.07 and currently higher than the industry average, implying that there is very poor management of debt levels within the company.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the IT Services industry and the overall market, MONEYGRAM INTERNATIONAL INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the IT Services industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 29.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $10.81 million to $14.05 million.
- MONEYGRAM INTERNATIONAL INC reported flat earnings per share in the most recent quarter. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, MONEYGRAM INTERNATIONAL INC continued to lose money by earning -$1.10 versus -$1.49 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.12 versus -$1.10).
- MGI's revenue growth trails the industry average of 16.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 1.8%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displaying stagnant earnings per share.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts