Simpson Manufacturing Stock Upgraded (SSD)
- SIMPSON MANUFACTURING INC's earnings per share declined by 30.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, SIMPSON MANUFACTURING INC increased its bottom line by earning $0.90 versus $0.29 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.09 versus $0.90).
- 46.70% is the gross profit margin for SIMPSON MANUFACTURING INC which we consider to be strong. Regardless of SSD's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Building Products industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, SIMPSON MANUFACTURING INC has outperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500.
- SSD has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 5.01, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- SSD's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 0.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 7.0%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.