NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Baytex Energy (NYSE:BTE) hit a new 52-week high Friday as it is currently trading at $61.63, above its previous 52-week high of $61.61 with 119,379 shares traded as of 3:09 p.m. ET. Average volume has been 252,700 shares over the past 30 days. Baytex Energy has a market cap of $7 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. Shares are up 31.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Baytex Energy Corp., through its subsidiaries, engages in acquiring, developing, exploiting, and holding interests in petroleum and natural gas properties and assets in Canada and the United States. The company has a P/E ratio of 39.4, above the average energy industry P/E ratio of 39.1 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.
- Practice your BTE trading strategies and win cash in our stock game.
Latest Headlines about BTE
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV