Span-America Medical Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ: SPAN) announced today that the Board of Directors increased the quarterly cash dividend by 10% to $0.11 per share. The dividend is payable June 3, 2011, to shareholders of record on May 18, 2011.
“This dividend will mark our 86 th consecutive quarter of paying cash dividends and our fourth dividend increase in the last five fiscal years,” stated Jim Ferguson, president and chief executive officer of Span-America. “The 10% increase in our quarterly cash dividend highlights our strong financial position and excellent cash flow from operations.
“Our dividend program continues to be an important part of our ongoing efforts to build long-term shareholder value. We have returned $27.1 million in cash to shareholders, or $9.76 per share, through our quarterly and special dividends since we began paying dividends in 1990,” concluded Mr. Ferguson.
About Span-America Medical Systems, Inc.Span-America manufactures and markets a comprehensive selection of pressure management products for the medical market, including Geo-Matt®, PressureGuard®, Geo-Mattress®, Span+Aids®, Isch-Dish®, Risk Manager® and Selan® products. The company also supplies custom foam and packaging products to the consumer and industrial markets. Span-America's stock is traded on The NASDAQ Global Market under the symbol “SPAN.” For more information, visit www.spanamerica.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV