Americas United Bank (OTCBB:AUNB) today announced its unaudited 2011 first-quarter results.
“The first-quarter results reflect an operating loss of $1,194,000, or $0.41 per basic share due to the decision to substantially increase the loan loss reserve. We reviewed the Bank’s loan portfolio and determined that, due to the current economic conditions, it would be prudent to increase the loan loss reserve for possible future loan losses. With this action taken, we have improved our foundation and we can now concentrate on future growth and enhanced profitability. Without this provision operating revenue showed a light increase over the same period in 2010 so I am optimistic about the future,” said Adriana M. Boeka, President and Chief Executive Officer.
“Having recently announced the appointment of our new President and Chief Executive Officer, Adriana M. Boeka, we feel her tremendous experience will guide our direction and will be very positive for the organization. Currently, we are focused on our business development and customer service activities. Our second branch in Downey, California has shown consistent growth each month and we are optimistic about the branch’s future success,” said Manuel Remon, Chairman.
First-quarter financial highlights include:
- Total assets of $104.9 million at March 31, 2011, an 8.0 percent decrease over $114.0 million at December 31, 2010.
- Net loans of $89.9 million at March 31, 2011, a decrease of 6.8 percent from December 31, 2010 total of $96.5 million.
- Non-performing assets remained unchanged at $1.9 million at March 31, 2011 and at December 31, 2010.
- Allowance for loan loss increased to 3.8 percent of gross loans at March 31, 2011, and up from 2.2 percent of gross loans at December 31, 2010.
- Total deposits at March 31, 2011 were $80.2 million, a decrease of 6.7 percent over $86.0 million at December 31, 2010.
- First-quarter 2011 operating revenue increased 1.2 percent to $1,628,000 from $1,608,000 for the same period in 2010.
- Operating net loss of $1,194,000 for the first-quarter of 2011 or $0.41 per basic share compared to a net loss of $575,000 or $0.20 per basic share for the same period in 2010.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV