Lake Shore Bancorp, Inc. (the “Company”) (NASDAQ Global Market: LSBK), the holding company for Lake Shore Savings Bank (the “Bank”), announced first quarter 2011 net income of $950,000, an increase of 31.8% compared to net income of $721,000 for the first quarter of 2010.
Highlights – First Quarter 2011
- Earnings per diluted share of $0.17, an increase of 41.7% over first quarter 2010 earnings per diluted share of $0.12
- Net interest income increased 6.8% compared to the quarter ended March 31, 2010
- Net interest margin improved by 13 basis points to 3.24% for the quarter ended March 31, 2011 compared to 3.11% for the quarter ended December 31, 2010
- Deposits grew by $56.2 million, to $376.8 million, or 17.5%, compared to $320.6 million at March 31, 2010
- Total assets of $483.9 million at March 31, 2011, an increase of 12% compared to $432.0 million at March 31, 2010
- The Bank’s asset quality remained solid with nonperforming loans to total loans at 0.86%
“Our 2011 first quarter was the fifth consecutive reporting period with year over year earnings improvement,” said Daniel P. Reininga, President and Chief Executive Officer. “Our asset quality remains very strong, and our healthy capital levels insures that we are positioned to pursue all appropriate growth opportunities within our retail service area.”
Net interest income was $3.6 million for the first quarter 2011, an increase of $232,000 from $3.4 million during first quarter 2010. The increased net interest income was reflective of a 3.8% increase in interest income and a 2.8% decrease in interest expense. The Bank’s first quarter 2011 average loan balance increased by $6.0 million, and the average balance for investment securities increased by $36.0 million compared with the prior year quarter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV