10 Sleazy Moves by Everyday Companies
BOSTON ( TheStreet) -- The world of business is rarely the domain of do-gooders. To get ahead, executives have to be bold and brusque.
This can backfire. Poor decisions, born of bad taste, can turn off customers, irritate the public and fuel lawsuits. It's the kind of risk you can imagine being taken by the companies desperate to get ahead -- the ones advertising on late-night television or dealing in questionable goods that, uh, fell off the back of a truck.
But those aren't the only companies making questionable moves. Sometimes they come from the brands we use every day and have trusted for generations.
The following are 10 examples of some of the sleaziest moves made in recent years by everyday companies and the people who run them.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV