John B. Sanfilippo & Son, Inc. (Nasdaq: JBSS):
Quarterly Comparison Overview:
- Net sales increased by 21.4%
- Sales volume increased by 1.1%
- Gross profit decreased by 26.3%
- Net loss increased to $5.6 million
John B. Sanfilippo & Son, Inc. (Nasdaq: JBSS) (hereinafter the “Company”) today announced operating results for its fiscal 2011 third quarter. The net loss for the current quarter was $5.6 million, or $0.53 per share diluted, compared to a net loss of $1.9 million, or $0.18 per share diluted, for the third quarter of fiscal 2010. Net income for the first three quarters of fiscal 2011 was $0.6 million, or $0.06 per share diluted, compared to net income of $11.7 million, or $1.09 per share diluted, for the first three quarters of fiscal 2010.
Including the sales of products of Orchard Valley Harvest, Inc. (“OVH”) (the acquisition of OVH by the Company was completed in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2010), net sales increased to $137.4 million for the third quarter of fiscal 2011 from $113.2 million for the third quarter of fiscal 2010. Including sales volume associated with OVH products, sales volume for the current quarter, measured as pounds shipped to customers, increased by 1.1% in comparison to sales volume for the third quarter of fiscal 2010. The increase in net sales was primarily attributable to price increases implemented in the first three quarters of the current fiscal year. The sales volume increase primarily was driven by a volume increase in the consumer distribution channel, which was attributable to sales of OVH products. Before considering the sales of OVH products, third quarter net sales would have increased by 10.8%, and sales volume would have declined by 5.9% in the quarterly comparison.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV