EAST BRUNSWICK, N.J., April 28, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Savient Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq: SVNT) today announced that three abstracts will be presented at the European League Against Rheumatism (EULAR) 2011 Annual Congress. The conference will take place on May 25 - 28 in London, United Kingdom, and will feature the abstracts as two oral presentations and one poster presentation.
The first scheduled oral presentation and the poster session will address the prevalence of gout in Europe and current treatment practices and disease burdens for European gout patients using existing therapies. The second oral presentation will focus on long-term safety of KRYSTEXXA® (pegloticase) for the treatment of chronic gout in adult patients refractory to conventional therapy. The presentation details are as follows:
- Chronic Gout in Europe in 2010: Clinical Profile of 1,380 Patients in the U.K., Germany, France, Italy and Spain (Abstract # OP0112). This abstract will be presented in an oral presentation on Thursday, May 26, 2011 at 11:10 AM.
- Safety and Efficacy of Long-Term Pegloticase (KRYSTEXXA®) Treatment in Adult Patients with Chronic Gout Refractory to Conventional Therapy (Abstract # OP0113). This data will be presented in an oral presentation on Thursday, May 26, 2011 at 11:20 AM.
- Quality of Life, Work Impairment and Resource Utilisation Associated with Gout and Its Co-Morbidities Across Five EU Countries: Results from the European National Health and Wellness Survey (NHWS) (Abstract # FRI0275-HP). This data will be presented during the EULAR poster session on Friday, May 27, 2011 at 11:45 AM.
Additional details on these abstracts are available on the EULAR website at http://www.eular.org/.
ABOUT SAVIENT PHARMACEUTICALS, INC.Savient Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a specialty biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing KRYSTEXXA® (pegloticase) for the treatment of chronic gout in adult patients refractory to conventional therapy. Savient has exclusively licensed worldwide rights to the technology related to KRYSTEXXA and its uses from Duke University (" Duke") and Mountain View Pharmaceuticals, Inc. ("MVP"). Duke developed the recombinant uricase enzyme and MVP developed the PEGylation technology used in the manufacture of KRYSTEXXA. MVP and Duke have been granted U.S. and foreign patents disclosing and claiming the licensed technology and, in addition, Savient owns or co-owns U.S. and foreign patents and patent applications, which collectively form a broad portfolio of patents covering the composition, manufacture and methods of use and administration of KRYSTEXXA. Savient also manufactures and supplies Oxandrin® (oxandrolone tablets, USP) CIII in the U.S. For more information, please visit the Company's website at www.savient.com. SVNT - G
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV