Delta Apparel, Inc. (NYSE Amex: DLA) today reported record results for its third quarter of fiscal year 2011.
Third Quarter Highlights
- Revenue growth of 15.8% to a record $125.0 million
- Organic revenue growth of 12.3% from branded and basics segments
- Gross margin expansion of 130 basis points to 24.7%
- Operating profit increase of 65.3% to $8.1 million
- Earnings up 91.2% to a record $0.65 per diluted share
Robert W. Humphreys, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, commented, “Delta Apparel, Inc.’s marketing and merchandising initiatives in both business segments, coupled with favorable manufacturing performance and our continued ability to leverage our fixed costs, were the key components in delivering this significant earnings expansion on double-digit revenue growth. We feel having a vertically integrated manufacturing platform in the western hemisphere is a strategic advantage, allowing us to meet the needs of retailers on price, quality and speed of delivery.”
Fiscal Year 2011 OutlookBased on Delta Apparel, Inc.’s strong third quarter results and solid outlook for the fourth quarter, the Company has raised its full year sales and earnings guidance for fiscal year 2011. The Company now expects earnings to be in the range of $1.85 to $1.95 per diluted share from its previous guidance of $1.55 to $1.70 per diluted share. This would be an increase of between 32% and 39% over earnings of $1.40 per diluted share in fiscal 2010. Full year 2011 sales are now expected to be $465 to $475 million, up $10 million from its previous guidance range and sales growth of 10% to 12% from fiscal year 2010 sales of $424.4 million. The 2010 fiscal year was a 53-week year while fiscal year 2011 is a 52-week year. The Company further developed its tax planning during the quarter and now expects its effective tax rate to be 26% for fiscal year 2011 compared to its previous expectation of 30%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV