Yankees Detail Ticket Holder Data Breach
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- The New York Yankees are apologizing to all of their season ticket holders after the team mistakenly gave wider than intended distribution to a spreadsheet containing their personal information.
The team said the spreadsheet was accidentally attached to an e-mail sent out on Monday night to "several hundred" of its season ticket holders.
The information in the spreadsheet included the name, address, phone numbers and e-mail addresses of the ticket holders, as well as their seat numbers, Yankees' account number, the name of the team representative associated with the account, and the relevant ticket package code.
The Yankees assured the ticket holders that more sensitive information, such as birth dates, Social Security numbers, and credit card or banking data, wasn't distributed in the e-mail, and said they've taken steps to remedy the problem."Please note, immediately upon learning of the accidental attachment of the internal spreadsheet, remedial measures were undertaken so as to assure that a similar incident could not happen again," the team said. "The Yankees deeply regret this incident, and any inconvenience that it might cause." The news follows a more high-profile hack of Sony's PlayStation video gaming system this month that has resulted in the company issuing a warning to the 77 million users of its PlayStation network that their sensitive data, including birth dates and credit card information, may have been compromised. -- Written by Michael Baron in New York.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Michael Baron. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV