NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Welcome to Don Dion's Daily ETF Winners and Losers. Be sure to stop by each day to get a feel of who's winning and who's losing when it comes to ETFs.
United States Natural Gas Fund (UNG) 4.0%
Futures-based natural gas ETFs are leading the industry higher after the Energy Information Administration released a strong storage report.
The iPath Dow Jones UBS Natural Gas Subindex ETN (GAZ) is seeing gains. This fund continues to boast a substantial premium that will cause the fund to trade out of line with its underlying assets. As of April 27 it stood at 10.5%.iShares MSCI Japan Index Fund (EWJ) 2.2% Although the nation's marketplace remains volatile in the aftermath following the devastating earthquake and tsunami, Japan-linked ETFs are among some of the industry's biggest gainers today. Japan-based companies including Kyocera and Panasonic have witnessed strength recently. Both can be found among EWJ's index. SPDR KBW Insurance ETF (KIE) 1.9% A number of leading insurance providers offered up strong earnings results recently, proving KIE with some fuel to power higher. Allstate (ALL), Aflac (AFL) and Lincoln National Corporation (LNC) are among the sector's biggest movers. All three are up over 4% in early afternoon trading.
LosersTeucrium Corn ETF (CORN) -5.0% Corn prices are being pressured today, leading CORN to losses. With today's downturn, CORN has retreated back to its 50-day moving average. Other grains-heavy funds such as the iPath Dow Jones UBS Grains Subindex Total Return ETN (JJG) and the iPath Dow Jones UBS Agriculture Subindex Total Return ETN (JJA) are sliding as well. The iPath Dow Jones UBS Sugar Subindex Total Return ETN (SGG) is falling as we head towards the close. The fund is now trading at levels last seen in October, 2010.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV