5. Google (GOOG) focuses on areas like internet search, advertising, operating systems and platforms.
During the first quarter of 2011, Google reported revenue of $8.6 billion, representing a 27% increase from the first quarter 2010 revenue of $6.8 billion. International revenue was $4.6 billion, or 53% of total revenue in the first quarter of 2011.
Net income during the first quarter of 2011 was $2.3 billion, compared to $1.96 billion in the first quarter of 2010. Earnings per share for the reporting quarter were $7.04 compared to $6.06 in the first quarter of 2010.Cash and cash equivalents stood at $36.7 billion, as of Mar. 31, 2011. Google's full-time employee strength was 26,316. Of the 41 analysts tracking the stock, 34 rated a buy and 7 maintained a hold. The stock is trading at 15.7 times its estimated 2011 earnings with an estimated upside of 34%, according to analysts poll conducted by Bloomberg.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV