7. Hewlett-Packard Company (HPQ) is one of the largest technology companies and a provider of products ranging printing, personal computing, software and information technology infrastructure.
The company's revenue for the first quarter of 2011 stood at $32.3 billion, up 4% compared to the corresponding quarter last year. Demand for commercial hardware was robust, while the commercial PC and printer segments performed strongly.
Global revenue in the first quarter accounted for 65% of total revenue, with revenue from BRIC countries, which account for 11% of HP's revenue, surged 11% during the quarter.Earnings per share for the first quarter were $1.17, up 26% from $0.93 in the prior year's quarter. Gross margin for the first quarter was 24.4%, up 150 basis points compared to the same period last year. Regarding the financials, Cathie Lesjak, H-P's CFO, said in a press statement, "H-P's financial strength and discipline helped generate $3.1 billion in cash flow from operations, up 28% year over year," said. The stock is trading at 7.8 times its estimated 2011 earnings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV