8. Apple (AAPL) designs, manufactures and markets personal computers, mobile communication devices, portable digital music players and sells a variety of related software, services, peripherals and networking solutions. The company's products line includes Macintosh computers, the iPhone, iPad, iPod and Apple TV, among others.
During the second quarter of 2011, the company's revenue increased to $24.7 billion from $13.5 billion in the year-ago quarter. Net profit was $6 billion as against $3.1 billion in the second quarter of 2010. However, gross margin for the quarter was 41.4%, compared to 41.7% for the same period last year. International sales accounted for three-fifths of the company's revenue during the quarter.
iPhones saw the fastest growth during the quarter, the company sold 18.65 million devices, representing 113% growth compared to the same period last year. Another strong segment was Macs, growing at 28%, while iPods saw a 17% decline during this period. The management guides third quarter revenue at $23 billion and earnings per share at $5.03.The stock is trading at 14.3 times its expected 2011 earnings and is likely to return 30% over the next one year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV