9. Xerox (XRX) provides a portfolio of services in document technology and software, and a diverse range of business process and information technology outsourcing support. The company operates in three segments: technology, services, and others.
During the first quarter of 2011, total revenue increased 16% compared to the first quarter of 2010. Contribution from the services segment grew faster during the quarter relative to other segments. The segment contributed around 47% of total sales in the last quarter, higher than its share of 39% in the same quarter of the prior year. Technology, another important segment, contributed about 46% of sales.
Operating margin in the first quarter of 2011 stood at 9.1%, expanding 60 basis points from the same quarter last year. Net income stood at $281 million as opposed to a net loss of $42 million in the same quarter of 2010. The stock is trading at 9.3 times its estimated 2011 earnings and analysts expect an upside of 26% from the current levels.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV