Some of them are still remains to be restored because of being in mountainous areas or disruptions of roads making it difficult to access in the first place or inside tunnels. For the network restoration we used optical fiber or replaced the optical fiber and used stopgap optical fiber. We also transmitted signals from large zones using a large zones scheme from mountain top areas, and also we used micro tunnel wave transmission and satellites in some cases.
Page 5, we have some more details. This is how we repaired our transmission lines using optical fiber. Page 6 is about the restoration using large zone scheme. And page 7 is the restoration using microwave transmission. Page 9 is the restoration using satellites. With all these measures, we have nearly completed the restoration of the service areas. The other factor that we had experienced was the restoration effort for the areas close to the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear power plant. 68 stations within the 38 kilometer radius were disrupted. Out of those 68, we’ve already restored 51 base stations. And the efforts that had been employed for the restoration are explained on page 10.
We were only able to access those base station for inspection on the 31st of March and on April 1st. We’ve been to J-Village which base camp for the task force of the people working on the nuclear power plant accident. We restored that area on April 1st and on the 13th of April we deployed the high-performance antenna to transmit signals towards the direction of the power plant from a spot, 25 kilometers away. Actually on that occasion, there was an aftershock, but amidst that disturbance we still were able to install this high-performance antenna and those on the 13th of April we placed the transmission lines for the areas there.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV