2. Olympic Steel (ZEUS), U.S.-based steel service center, is mainly involved in the direct sale and distribution of large volumes of processed carbon, coated and stainless flat-rolled sheet, coil and plate steel products. It acts as an intermediary between steel producers and manufacturers that require processed steel for their operations. The company will announce its first quarter results on April 29.
For the first quarter of 2011, net income is estimated at $4.07 million on sales of $256.2 million, as compared to $1.71 million recorded on $167.9 million sales for the same period in 2010, as per analysts polled by Bloomberg. Earnings per share are forecast at 39 cents for the quarter, a 141% increase from 2010 first quarter. The company's operating profit is seen rising by 89% to $6.30 million from $3.33 million in the year ago period.
Of the 7 analysts covering the stock, 14% recommend a buy while 71% suggest a hold. On an average, analysts polled by Bloomberg expect the stock to gain almost 22.2% to $37.0 from current levels over the next 12 months.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV