5. Chevron (CVX), manages its investments in subsidiaries and affiliates by providing administrative, financial, management and technology support to U.S. and international subsidiaries that engage in petroleum operations, chemicals operations, mining operations, power generation and energy services. The company will announce its first quarter results on April 29.
Net income for the first quarter is estimated to increase by 27% to $6.01 billion with sales surging by 37% to $64.26 billion, as per analysts polled by Bloomberg. Earnings per share are forecast at $3.02 for the quarter, as compared to $2.36 in the 2010 first quarter. For the same period, operating profit is seen rising to $7.76 billion from $6.23 billion. Meanwhile, dividend per share is seen rising to 73 cents from 68 cents in the year ago period.
Of the 25 analysts covering the stock, 76% recommends a buy, while the remaining suggest a hold. There are no sell ratings on the stock. Analysts polled by Bloomberg expect the stock to gain almost 11.3% to $121.3 from current levels over the next 12 months.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV