5. Chevron (CVX), manages its investments in subsidiaries and affiliates by providing administrative, financial, management and technology support to U.S. and international subsidiaries that engage in petroleum operations, chemicals operations, mining operations, power generation and energy services. The company will announce its first quarter results on April 29.
Net income for the first quarter is estimated to increase by 27% to $6.01 billion with sales surging by 37% to $64.26 billion, as per analysts polled by Bloomberg. Earnings per share are forecast at $3.02 for the quarter, as compared to $2.36 in the 2010 first quarter. For the same period, operating profit is seen rising to $7.76 billion from $6.23 billion. Meanwhile, dividend per share is seen rising to 73 cents from 68 cents in the year ago period.
Of the 25 analysts covering the stock, 76% recommends a buy, while the remaining suggest a hold. There are no sell ratings on the stock. Analysts polled by Bloomberg expect the stock to gain almost 11.3% to $121.3 from current levels over the next 12 months.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV