6. ITT (ITT), a global engineering and manufacturing organization, designs, manufactures and sales a range of engineered products. The products are used in three markets - global defense and security, water and fluids management, and motion and flow control. It has its operations in 60 countries, and sales presence in more than 125 countries. The company will announce its first quarter results on April 29.
For the first quarter of 2011, net income is estimated at $175 million on sales of $2,639.3 million, as compared to $156 million recorded on $2,636 million sales for the same period in 2010, as per analysts polled by Bloomberg. Earnings per share are forecast at 93 cents for the quarter, as compared to 84 cents registered in 2010 first quarter. Meanwhile, return on assets is seen coming in at 5.9% as compared to 5.6% in the year ago period. Also, dividend per share is seen increasing by 6% for the same period.
Of the 20 analysts covering the stock, 30% recommend a buy, while 60% rate a hold. Analysts polled by Bloomberg expect the stock to gain an average 9.2% to $64.7 from current levels over the next 12 months.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV