7. Caterpillar (CAT) manufactures construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines, and diesel-electric locomotives. Broadly its products are divided into three - Machinery, Engines and Financial. The company will announce its first quarter results on April 29.
Net income for the first quarter is estimated at $846.2 million on sales of $11.53 billion, higher than net income of $323 million recorded on $8.24 billion sales for the same period in 2010, as per analysts polled by Bloomberg. Earnings per share are forecast at $1.31 for the quarter, as compared to 50 cents registered in 2010 first quarter. Meanwhile, dividend per share is seen coming in at 44 cents as compared to nil in the year ago period.
Of the 21 analysts covering the stock, 62% recommend a buy, while remaining rate a hold. There are no sell ratings on the stock. Analysts polled by Bloomberg expect the stock to gain an average 6.4% to $119.8 from current levels over the next 12 months.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV